Saturday 19 April 2014

Scenario Update: 19/04/2014

Its been a while (actually a few weeks since my last update).

This scenario has undergone a few big changes, mainly in terms of motive power on some of the trains that will appear in this scenario. As well as a couple of AI trains added into the activity.

Originally I was going to have a GCR O4 2-8-0 and a LYR Class 5 2-4-2T appear at the start of the scenario. But I have decided to replace them with 2 different locomotives. The Radial Tank has been replaced with an LMS Ivatt 2MT 2-6-0 (going in the direction of Altrincham) and the O4 2-8-0 replaced with an LMS Crab 2-6-0. I wanted to add a little bit of Midland Region motive power into this activity.
Miserable weather in industrial Manchester
Waiting to depart
Got more crabs?
I have also started to add some electric traction into this activity. This includes a train of mineral wagon empties on the goods line just past Valehouse Signal-box. This is made up of assorted wagons such as the recently released Meshtools Mineral Wagons (Available for £2.99 from Steam). So instead of mainly 16T Wagons, we have those, 21.5T Wagons and 24T Wagons. This combined with the book 'EM1 & EM2: An Illustrated Historical Review of the Manchester, Sheffield, Wath Electric Locomotive - 76's & 77's' have allowed me to attempt to recreate formations of freight trains during this period.
Thanks for the brilliant wagons Meshtools.
There is still a lot more to be done, this is just me pointing out that I am still working on this scenario. The 1970's Woodhead Route Scenario is currently in development hell (I think that's what its called), but I shall return to it in the near future.

But for this scenario, the AI stock needs to be completed and final tests need to be done (Unless Payday 2, Duke Nukem 3D and Chivalry get in the way)

Til next time, catch y'all later.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I need a better sign off line, this one sounds cheesy as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment