Sunday 17 March 2013

Scenario Update 17/03/2013

Well its time for another update on the progress of my new scenario.

The first thing i decided to do is to add a couple more AI trains to the scenario. So I decided to add a mixed freight (class 76 hauled), A Steel Train (Again hauled and banked by a Class 76) and a Light Engine Movement (2 Class 20's). These were added between Penistone and Wath, allowing you to enjoy the Woodhead Line in the years before British Railways figuratively took it off the Life Support machine. 

Class 76 no 76054 (formally named Pluto) is seen at Wath with a train for Trafford Park.
The train will be helped by this Banking Engine.
Heavy Metal Thunder
2 Class 20's on Light Engine Movement
Testing of the Scenario was ok...............Right up to the point where I spotted a major problem. 2 trains decided to deviate from their planned route with a Merry-Go-Round Train going to Torside then head back down to Woodhead and then back up to Hadfield. The other train was the steel train which backed into Wath yard and then continued on its route (see figure A).


Figure A: The Steel Train is deviating from its planned route
This resulted in a head-scratching moment for me, but eventually I discovered the solutions for both problems. For the Merry-Go-Round Train, I simply added a few more points in the trains instructions. As for the Steel Train (See Figure B), I discovered that the only person to blame for the problem was myself. I had put the train on the WRONG running line, I simply had to move the train to the right track to solve the problem.
Figure B: The Steel Train is on the correct route after the author discovered that he is a nitwit.
With that minor mishap solved, I plan on doing yet ANOTHER test to see if it all works out. Hopefully Its all working fine, because i want to get the static stock added ASAP before I release it on UKTrainSim.

On a nice note, Happy St Patricks Day everyone. Have a lovely day.

Catch you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment